Arnold Machine, Tiffin, OH is a full-service designer and manufacturer of high quality, innovative automated equipment. Arnold Machine is a team of experienced engineers and machine tradesmen that can design and build virtually any type of customized automated equipment. We are currently seeking a dynamic controls system engineer / programmer with manufacturing equipment design experience to support our growing activity in equipment manufacturing.
- Controls system design for a wide variety of custom automated assembly, test and special process machinery from concept to final acceptance for a wide variety of clients and processes.
- Creating schematics, bills of materials and purchased component selection.
- Programmable logic controller (PLC) programming using a variety of PLC platforms.
- Human machine interface (HMI) programming using a variety of HMI platforms.
- Robot programming and integration with PLC and HMI programs.
- Interaction with management, sales team, mechanical engineers and clients.
- Holding design review meetings.
- Provide manufacturing support, assembly support, de-bug and final qualification of the equipment.
- Provide field support for new installations including startup and final tuning.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Coordinate / manage multiple engineering projects as well as be a member of a cross-functional team.
- Support marketing efforts in developing new business.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and identify new opportunities.
- Bachelor degree is preferred, but not required with appropriate past experience.
- At least three years of demonstrated controls experience.
- Strong analytical and concept design skills to develop the design and engineering of industrial equipment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, RS Logix and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Some travel is required.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and a comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth.